Friday, August 24, 2012

Hair Today

I'm having a great hair day today. I hope I get a picture later on, but in the meantime, here's what I did:

Washed with Curly Hair Solutions Treatment Shampoo. (Yes, it has sulfates, but it also has mag sulfate, and it just makes my hair curl up and thrive!)

Conditioner was a mix of Shea Moisture Repairing Conditioner, Kinky Curly Knot Today, and a little bit of Sally's Generic Value Product Conditioning Balm. Rinsed it out very thoroughly and squeezed excess water from my hair (gently).

I mixed about a 1/4 cup (a little less) of aloe vera gel with about 2 or 3 teaspoons of mag sulfate. {I use a ton of mag sulfate. Not everyone (anyone?) likes it as much as I do.}

Lastly, I applied a big palmful of Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha to my hair, and then diffused for about 10 minutes.

After that, I clipped my crown and let it air dry while I drove to work.

I've gotten a lot better at clipping. When I first tried it, I didn't feel like it did anything for my hair. Then I tried doing it with a little gel on the clips. That worked great. Now I don't even need the gel. Remember, curly hair is about 20% product and 80% technique! :)

And here's the picture! Except, it's too dark, I think, to see my hair. Oh well :) Trust me, it looks better in person! I've got curls, whirls, sexy tendrils, and some wonderful spirals! I'm loving it!




No comments:

Post a Comment