Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Big Chop

Back in December of 2010, I got a perm. I know, I know. Why would someone with naturally wavy/curly hair get a perm?

At some point, I'll post the whole story, but for now, let's just say it destroyed my hair. Parts were fried off, and the stuff that was left was very damaged.

I started coddling my hair, and reading about the Curly Girl method. I finally went CG on 3/9/12. On 4/9/12, I decided to do The Big Chop and cut off all the remaining damaged hair.

That was yesterday. This is my journey.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I know how you feel. My hair is fine and porous too, and got seriously damaged by highlights earlier this year. Prompted me to actually pay it some attention and I found out about CG, don't think I'll see big results till it grows out a bit though. Look forward to reading more about your hair experiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy! Let me know how it goes! I agree, though, I didn't see much in the way of results until I cut all the damaged parts off.

    ReplyDelete